Friday, August 20, 2010

Lily Cole

Lily Cole was born in Torbay, England on May 19, 1988 and she was raised in London.

Tiffany & Co '08

A chance encounter began her modelling career when she was fourteen. She was walking through the streets of Soho after a hamburger with friends when scout-turned actor Benjamin Hart approached her.

Pop Magazine '09


Lily ran, fearing she was being chased by 'some dodgey guy' but after being asked if she considered modelling she accepted and was signed on with Storm Models, the mother agency of supermodels such as Kate Moss and Cindy Crawford.

Uk Harper's Bazaar '09



Lily's big break came almost immediately in 2003 when she caught the eye of photographer Steven Meisel who was captivated by Lily's long limbs, porcelain skin and fiery red hair. It was on that photoshoot, her first 'only girl' story for Italian Vogue that Lily was catapulted into the spotlight as one of the leading new faces of the year.

Face of Rimmel '09

Since then, Lily has worked with many of the industries most noted photographers and she is featured regularly in top fashion magazines.

French Elle '10


She is a catwalk favourite on the international runway circuit for top fashion houses.


One of the reasons Lily Cole is one on my favourite models is that her education remains a top priority for her so she takes only a hand-picked selection of jobs so that she can focus on her education. She achieved straight A's in all of her A-level examination in English, History, Drama, Philosophy and Ethics and wishes to study Politics at University.

Lily joined Lady Gaga and Andrew Garfield in a recreation of Hansel and Gretal for American Vogue '09. I think it deserves more than just a quick mention as some absolutely amazing photos were produced.


Recently it has been revealed that Lily is considering leaving modelling for acting. After seeing those photos I hope that you will agree with me that I sincerely hope she doesn't!

1 comment:

  1. I love lily cole, she is amazing. I love how you featured a biography of her on your blog! xox Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I will try to reply to all comments and I appreciate you writing them.
I always love new followers so if you are following me let me know and I will follow you back if you want.
x